Thursday, April 24, 2014

14/52 // Easter

Happy (late) Easter, everybody.

So it seems like every time a holiday rolls around, it serves as a huge reminder that we do not live close to family.  We know that family is gathering back home and we see friends with family here getting together to share meals.  In some ways it can be discouraging.  However, I have found that without the assumed family get togethers with each holiday, I have had to think more intentionally about the reason behind the roast dinners.  I've had to analyze why, as Christians, we celebrate Easter.  Why should we be sure to gather with other believers that day instead of stay home watching movies all day?  Why is it necessary to celebrate... is it even necessary to celebrate?  In thinking over these questions, Easter has undoubtedly become my favorite holiday - we can live without fear every day because of Christ's death on the cross and resurrection.  For this year's celebration, we got together with an extended family from church... and it was SUCH a blessing to us.

Before church we got coffee and went to a nearby park... the day was just too beautiful.


And this gem... was taken in front of the trees that are in bloom by church.  The whole way in to church I was trying to get Michael to hurry so we wouldn't be late but then I made us stop by the tree for a picture... I'm pretty sure I will be out of control with photo ops once the kids start coming along.


Much love,

K&M

No comments:

Post a Comment